Thursday 18 January 2007

Toilets and bars

Anyone who has visited London (and I guess the rest of the UK is the same) will have had the bad experience of going to a cafeteria or bar to have something to drink and/or eat and when asking where the toilets were you were told that they have no toilets!

Well, in this country it is not compulsory for an establishment that does not sell alcohol to have a toilet for customers, even if they serve food!!. Does anybody understand that?

I gather that the Brits look at it from the other way around: if they sell alcohol they must have a toilet (of course!, they drink liters and liters of beer). But, shouldn't you be able to wash your hands and have a pee when you go somewhere to drink or eat something?. I would like to hear your opinions on the subject.

1 Comments:

Blogger Andy JS said...

I'm English, but I don't like the system in this country.

I've just been to China, and I was amazed to find that you can go to the toilet anywhere, such as hotels, without even buying anything!

28 January 2007 at 18:55  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home